The Pizzeria was founded in 1870 by the Condurro Family.
Michele Condurro, son of Salvatore, perfected the family art of pizza making, whose secrets he had learned from the famous masters in Torre Annunziata who were experts in the preparing and kneading of pizza dough, and the cooking of pizza.
Michele opened his first pizzaria in 1906 at the present site of AscalesiHospital, whose construction forced the pizzeria to move. In 1930, the pizzeria was transferred to its present location on Via Cesare Sersale, which has often been described by experts and journalists as “the sacred temple of pizza”.
Since then, five generations of master pizza makers have carried on the work of the founder, respecting the tradition and being faithful to Michele’s instructions: there are only two types of Neapolitan Pizza, the “Marinara” and the “Margherita”; and no “junk” should be used in making the pizza that could alter its world famous genuineness and taste.
If you have the chance to get there, just ask for a "normal" size (enough for two....) and just enjoy this feeling of beeing back in the 60's.